Tuesday, September 13, 2005

La chaussette est finie!

I wish I could say that both socks were finished....... but alas. I started a new sock using my Blue Moon Fiber Arts stuff, and its looking alot better than the first time. I made the rather rash decision to rib the entire leg of the sock. An explanation is necessary: I hate, hate, hate ribbing, with a burning passion straight out of hell. However, given the nature of the yarn and my desire to have a perfectly fitting sock, I decided to make a brave decision and rib.......all 6 f*cking inches. 4 inches in, I am thinking this is not brave, its crazy. I did take the sock surfing with me this weekend. Well, not actually in the water, but the sock, Jack and I camped all weekend while attending the Rogue Longboard Contest. I must say, tent knitting is possibly my favoritist time and place to knit.

Here we have the most handsome, wonderful, adorable, awesome dog ever, posing beautifully from the security of our tent:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here we have a picture of what I did as soon as I woke up Sunday morning. In the background one can see the tent and my sleeping bag. Thats right, I stayed in my sleeping bag and knit.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Aaaaaahhhhh....... the simple life.

No comments: