Sunday, December 31, 2006

As promised...

Would I let you down? Would I lie to you? No, my dear reader, I would never do such a thing. And no, my fingers aren't crossed when I say that. I actually went out and took pictures of my knitting today, just to prove to you that I actually have been knitting during my er, lets it call my time of 'non-bloggery'. I even took pictures of the wonderwool.

I woke up this morning to a headache and a bright sunny day, which if you know anything about winter in the Pacific Northwest, doesn't happen all that often. When one does come along, its important, if not vital, to take advantage of the sunshine because tomorrow will be back to being overcast and rainy and grey and horrible. I took a cache of headache drugs (I like to keep a small arsenal of heavy drugs. I don't mess around with my migraines), threw on some clothes and ran outside with a bag full of knitting and my camera. My neighbors came out onto their porch while I was busy playing photographer, which now confirms their theory that our house and everyone who lives in it is completely cracked. The sunshine even affected the dogs, who started running around and playing like they haven't done in awhile. Anyways, less talk, more action!

What in the world could this ugly little tube of nasty acrylic be?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Its a beer coozy! Specially sized for tall cans! (I warned you they weren't real exciting blog material)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also started on a pair of socks from a skein of wool I bought at Nestucca Bay Yarns in Pacific City. Its an adorable little shop set in an Oregon coast style shingled house. Its so wonderful and 'beachy'. I justified the purchase of more sock wool as 'souvenir yarn'. You understand, right?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's a closer view, the yarn is Lana Grossa Meilenweit Multieffekt. At first I was afraid I wasn't going to like the colors, which were a little too, um, 'hippy dippy' for me, but really I'm liking the way its coming along. I was also afraid that since I'm using a smaller needle size than recommended the checks weren't gonna show, but at least in the dark green they are checking somewhat. Too bad I dropped a stitch about 6 rows back and can't find a crochet needle to save my life. Poor sock, I put it back in the case and refused to talk to it for a bit. I think I'll bust it out today and try to fix it with a knitting needle.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Finally, here's the wonderwool that I've been spouting off about for awhile. This was the major purchase from Maryland Sheep and Wool. What you can't tell from this picture is just how wonderfully soft it is. Its a 70% Merino / 30% Angora blend, dyed with only natural plant dyes. Quite frankly, I only really want to snuggle with it for now.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No more knitting for now, but the good weather did inspire me to take a trip to the park. It has an off leash section so the dogs can run like crazymen and a playground so I can be occupied too. One of my favorites is swinging as high as I can. The dogs like to get on either side of me and bark as I come down and whoosh by them. Something about swinging is akin to freedom for me, much like riding my bike. Here's a shot of me right at the top of my swinging pendulum, feet in the air looking at the huge tree thats right in front of the swing set.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Finally, here's a picture from our crazy house. My housemate Joe (furthest left in the picture) was making a music video and needed dead girls to be in the background, so the housemates and some friends volunteered. I'm the one to the left of the girl with pink hair, looking directly at the camera.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: