Thursday, October 04, 2007

Relapse

I'll gloss over the fact that I haven't written in a dog's age and go straight to the bloggery. I appreciate your complicity in this, especially in light of what is proving to be a serious relapse into knitting. The weather in the northwest has turned cold and rainy, which means that I've gone straight back to mainlining socks. More on that next post. While I'm still feeling the buzz of having finished a pair of socks, I'm having lucid dreams about lace shawls. If you've read a couple posts back you'll know that I've been lusting after the Creatures of the Reef Shawl from Fiddlesticks Knitting for some time now. I'm still lusting but have decided that next paycheck, that beauty will be mine. I think I'm going to take the plunge (no pun intended) and buy the kit in Sage. I couldn't help but notice the similiarty that the Fiddlesticks pattern:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

has an uncanny similarity to the Fiber Trends Seascape Shawl:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Coincidentally, I like the Fiddlesticks pattern better. While I'm still in my fiber haze, I also want to knit the Fiber Trends Pacific Northwest Shawl, which is uncannily similar to the other two, but the Oregonian in me feels that it is my duty to knit it. You can't argue with duty.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: